Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

Several years ago, I made a resolution to not make resolutions. Why bother? It's not like I ever made any that I kept. I get too busy, too caught up in the day to day minutia of life to follow through. My resolutions always seemed to take time I didn't have to give.

And that was BEFORE I had kids. Now, all that time I didn't have? I wish I had that much time! Gosh to be 20 again, unattached, unencumbered. The only demand on my time was my work schedule....

Just kidding. I have absolutely no desire to be that naive and stupid again. That self centered and bitchy when things don't go exactly as I want them. That selfish.

No, thank you.

I enjoy being busy, even somewhat stressed. In fact, Last week, Ry said that being a manager was the perfect job for me. I would always have something to stress and complain about. Ha! Does he know me well, or what!

So this year, I'm going to work on getting all aspects of my life organized.

So my goals (not resolutions!), in no particular order, for 2014 are:

  • To get financially back on track so I can provide a stable childhood for the boys.
  • Declutter, find a place for everything, get rid of the excess
  • Appreciate Sean and Aidan more, show them I love them
  • Take more pictures
  • Write more. Hopefully weekly posts, at least to start
2013 was a rough year emotionally. Too many loved ones lost, that I couldn't, and still can't write about. It had its good points though. All in all, I'm looking forward to a better 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment